The Executive Power
The President heads the Executive arm of Government. The President is the Head of State, Head of Government and the Commander-in-Chief of the Malawi Defence Force.
Cabinet List (Open the below Folder to view the list)
Government of Malawi
MALAWI CABINET: JANUARY, 2022
- His Excellency Dr. Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, President of the Republic of Malawi, Commander-inChief of the Malawi Defence Force and Minister of Defence.
- Right Honourable Dr. Saulos Klaus Chilima, Vice President of the Republic of Malawi and also responsible for Public Sector Reforms.
- Honourable Lobin Clarke Lowe, M.P., Minister of Agriculture.
- Honourable Dr. Michael Bizwick Usi, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Wildlife.
- Honourable Sosten Alfred Gwengwe, M.P., Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs.
- Honourable Nancy Tembo, M.P., Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Honourable Eisenhower Nduwa Mkaka, M.P., Minister of Natural Resources and Climate Change.
- Honourable Patricia Annie Kaliati, Minister of Gender, Community Development and Social Welfare.
- Honourable Richard Chimwendo Banda, M.P., Minister of Youth and Sports.
- Honourable Titus Songiso Mvalo, Minister of Justice.
- Honourable Agnes Makonda Nyalonje, Minister of Education.
- Honourable Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda, M.P., Minister of Health.
- Honourable Timothy Pagonachi Mtambo, Minister of National Unity.
- Honourable Gospel Kazako, Minister of Information and Digitalization.
- Honourable Jean Muonaowauza Sendeza, M.P., Minister of Homeland Security.
- Honourable Vera Kamtukule, Minister of Labour.
- Honourable Abida Sidik Mia, M.P., Minister of Water and Sanitation.
- Honourable Jacob Hara, M.P., Minister of Transport and Public Works.
- Honourable Prof. Blessings Darlo Chinsinga, Minister of Local Government.
- Honourable Dr. Albert Mbawala, M.P., Minister of Mining.
- Honourable Ibrahim Matola, Minister of Energy.
- Honourable Mark Katsonga Phiri, M.P., Minister of Trade and Industry.
- Honourable Samuel Dalitso Kawale, M.P., Minister of Lands.
- Honourable Harry Mkandawire, Deputy Minister of Defence.
- Honourable Agnes Nkusa Nkhoma, M.P., Deputy Minister of Gender, Community Development and Social Welfare.
- Honourable Nancy Chaola Mdooko, M.P., Deputy Minister of Transport and Public Works.
- Honourable Madalitso Kambauwa Wirima, M.P., Deputy Minister of Agriculture.
- Honourable Halima Alima Daud, M.P., Deputy Minister of Local Government.
- Honourable Deus Gumba, M.P., Deputy Minister of Lands.
- Honourable Enock Phale, M.P., Deputy Minister of Health.
- Honourable John Bande, M.P., Deputy Minister of Water and Sanitation.
- Honourable Monica Chang’anamuno, M.P., Deputy Minister of Education.
The President's office
The President’s office and offices in Capital Hill, Malawi.
The Legislative Power
The Legislative arm of Government is the Parliament of Malawi. Parliament is presided by the Speaker of the House and in his abscence the Deputy Speaker both of who are elected by Members of Parliament. Parliament consists of 193 members when fully constituted.
For more details please visit the website for the Malawi Parliament on:
The Parliament Building
The Parliament Building, Malawi.
The Judicial Power
The Judiciary is the third arm of Government vested with judicial authority and is independent. The Lord Chief Justice heads the Judiciary and is deputized by the Deputy Chief Justice.
For more information on the Judiciary visit: www.judiciary.mw
The Judicial Power, Malawi.
Block 5, St. 512 – Villa 34, Al Shuhadaa – Kuwait
(+965) 2523 5416